Saturday, April 19, 2008

We "got down" last night



We went to Julie & Mike Darr's 50th Birthday Celebration "Stayin'Alive" last night. How fun was it to get dressed up...so many laughs. First of all, I've always thought I could be a child of the sixties & now I know why- the clothes were way more comfortable than in the 70's. Lee asked me if my dress was itchy & I said that was the least of my problems...the dresses are so very short. Although my own personal experience with the 70's definitely involved polyester, they was a decal of snoopy on the front & atleast I could sit down in my outfit. But we had so much & it was fun dressing up. While we were getting ready & Lee was putting on his hot pink disco shirt, I could tell he was not happy with me for picking out his clothes & shoes, but he looked awesome. Terri (Foxy Brown) & Melissa outdid themselves once again with the cakes...The replica of John Travolta's white leisure jacket was unbelievable- you really had to see it in person, the pictures do not do it justice. So, I was thankful to get in to my cotton pj's at the end of the evening- but it really was a fun night. If anyone needs to borrow hot pink go-go boots , you know where to find them & don't be surprised if they resurface in the near future, let's see, maybe around October 31st!!!

No comments: