Thursday, November 1, 2007

Go Team Dan!



Last Saturday night I participated in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Tower of Terror race. Some of you may remember I ran The Rock-n-Roll Marathon in 1997 with The Leukemia Society...fortunately, this race was much shorter- 4 miles! Still, running at night (10:15p.m.) had it's challenges- specifically I like to be in my p.j.'s by 10 p.m.!!!! I was really tired that day & it was rainy & my motivation was low. A group of us ran in support of our friend Dan who was diagnosed this past summer with a brain tumor. Many of our friends who did not run came to cheer us on which was so awesome. Once I got there, the energy was great and it no longer felt like a late night out (for me anyways). I have run my fair share of races over the last 10 years, and no matter the distance, the last 1/2 mile is always tough. Our race was not timed, but it felt as if we were running at a fast pace. It was a great experience and although I am still a morning running, I will definitely do it again.

No comments: